Friday 13 June 2014

Knott's Berry Farm and the Ghost Rider

Today we went into the Knott's Berry Farm theme park, the oldest theme park in America, and right next door to our hotel.  Knott's Berry Farm reminded me somewhat of Movie World on Australia's Gold Coast, lots of scenes from the Wild West and ghost towns etc.  

After the 12 hour flight from Australia, in which I barely slept, I was feeling tired when I entered the park.  We walked around for a while, and Jean suggested we go on the Ghost Rider, which is a big roller coaster.  Certain rides are categorised 1 to 5, with 5 being the most aggressive.  I didn't know when I boarded the Ghost Rider that it was categorised number 5.

My glasses nearly flew off my head three times.  I grabbed them while I hung on for dear life with my right hand.  A ride that has probably been there since the 1950s, it was rickety, and it jarred both our necks as we rocketed up, down and around in multlple, violent twists and turns.  When it finally stopped, I felt unwell and had to take it easy for a while.  That ride doesn't come with any disclaimers.  It should.

Jean persuaded me to take a train ride round Knott's Berry Farm.  I fell fast asleep in my chair, but was abruptly woken by the train whistle.  I immediately fell asleep again, only to be woken by a cowboy wearing a handkerchief over his nose, who fired his gun.

Later, we walked to the Buena Park Mall.  Not much happening there.  We had dinner at the Thank God It's Friday restaurant just near the entrance to Knott's Berry Farm.  I tipped about 19%.  Very generous of me, since I hate the practice.

The entrance to Knott's Berry Farm
The horrendous Ghost Rider: don't go on it.
The Calico Mine ride inside Knott's Berry Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment